Saturday, January 1, 2011

It's New Years Day

In case anyone wasn't aware. LOL. Pretty much everyone today is talking about it.

I ended up not getting any pictures of my shoes (and spent a good portion of the night with my outfit covered by the boyfriends hoodie as I was freezing). But I will take a picture and show everyone soon.

I decided a few days ago that my resolutions would start on the 2nd, not the 1st, just so it didn't seem so resolution-y. I personally don't like to make them. However I need to get my eating back on track. My boyfriends mom gave me a beautiful journal which I'm going to use not only as a journal, but a weight loss tracker, and a thinspo book. I typically keep them all separate. But I think I'll do better when they are all in one.

Right now my resolutions stand as:
-Exercise 2 times a week at hot yoga (more if I can)
-Exercise 3 times a week on top of the above (IE more hot yoga classes, running, walks, floor exercises)
-Bread/Potatoes can only be eaten 2 days a week (one or the other)
-Rice one day a week, not on a bread/potato day
-Salt water flush twice a month
-Drink 8 glasses of water per day
-Monitor calories and fat intake
-Record my measurements once a month (first day of the month is preferable)

My Dad called me last night to say that my uncle (who isn't my uncle, but my dads older cousin) was found dead yesterday. He was probably there for a few days. They think natural causes (he was in his late 70s). He lived on the other coast, and while family members know that he wanted to be buried back home, his sister days unless he had already paid for it, shes not doing it. Either way there is probably going to be a memorial service which I already told my Dad that I would go to. I'm pretty sure I can get it off work if/when it happens. If my boss is in tomorrow, I will mention it to her, put the bug in her ear so to speak. I'm not going to say my second cousin died, but my uncle, since he is one of the few members of my Dads family that I actually know (IE met him more than once, and knew him growing up), and I want to be there.

6 comments:

  1. Happy New year! those are great resolutions. good luck with them! Sorry to hear about your uncle, take care of yourself Kandie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for the loss of your uncle.
    That's no good way to start the new year.

    ...Take the shoe picture another time :P
    I'll be waiting curiously, haha ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sorry to hear about your family member.

    I like your journal idea. So much easier to have them all in one place, too. I feel like I have about a million different "journals." (Really, only three... but still... lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so sorry about your dad's cousin.

    good luck with those resolutions! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about that :( I hope you're ok and you stay strong. I love your resolutions too! Hope it all goes well <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I´m really sorry about your dad´s cousin
    I´m sure you´ll make each one of your resolutions!
    xx

    ReplyDelete